Monday, July 25, 2011

First Class.

In a few days, i will be celebrating my 11th month here in P&G. The experience has definitely changed me for the good, i must say. Through the tough times, the moments of doubt, and the incredible feeling of triumph, i must say that this first year has been quite a rollercoaster ride for me. And as most of my friends would know, i seriously had no idea what i was getting into when i decided to take the job in Purchasing. I always thought i'd be buying stuff for the company, somewhat the exact opposite of what i really wanted, sales.

Every now and then, i would ponder over this decision of mine and whether if I should try to move to sales or marketing (not necessarily in P&G). However, the tables have definitely turned right after or during or even before, during the preparation for our team building back in June. During the preparation, i was given the opportunity to really help out in coming up with the greatest teambuilding/offsite ever. And quite frankly, i think we pulled it off. More than the success of the teambuilding, i would say that personally, that was a turning point in my career here in Purch. During and after the event, i started to see opportunities that i thought i would never get. I worked extremely hard to balance my core work and my projects leading up to the team building and i do seriously think that working hard pays off.

During the team building, i got to know the big bosses of purch. I was exposed to the leaders that help build the business and I got a taste of how it was to work with these people. After the teambulding, i started getting approached by several people about my career in Purch and confidently I voiced out my concerns and my goals in this organization. It gave me hope for myself here in Purchasing. Now, SALES or MARKETING isn't even part of the equation. I can definitely see myself growing here in Purch.

Risky = Yes.
Regrets = ZERO.

Now, I am faced with an opportunity that I can never refuse this early on in my career. I am proud to say that even though I am only 11 months here in the company, the youngest in purch (both physically and mentally i might add), I am already being considered for a new assignment. And as I am faced with this anxiety infested moment in my life, i couldn't be more thankful for the leaders and the people that I am surrounded with right now. I still don't know whether I will get it or not, I REALLY WANT IT. But i can't help but think that this may be a test for me. To test my willingness, passion, and resiliency. I hope i get it. The days and weeks leading to one of the biggest decisions in my life is killing me (similar to the time when i was waiting for the result of my P&G application). I am wishing and praying hard I get this. I just might change the face of Purch in --.

Opportunities come and go. There is no way I backing out of this decision. DESIRE. I guess this moment of uncertainty right now is what makes work exciting. I cannot wait. I may jump for joy, or cry in devastation. But whatever happens, I know this is just the start of a FIRST CLASS Journey with P&G.

No comments:

Post a Comment